So, without further ado, here are my 2016 victories:
- Started our Emergency Savings: Remember, starting it doesn't mean it is complete! This is still a work in process, but it is well under way!
- Contributed to a Roth IRA: This is one of the best retirement accounts to have! If you aren't contributing yet, you should absolutely start doing so!
- Picked up several "side gigs": Side gigs are what help to keep us ahead! It makes it easier to fund things with cash, paid debts faster, etc.
- Went to the UK and paid for it in cash! Gone are the days of using a credit card for vacation. This was literally the best vacation of my life because the bill was paid in full.
- Bought a new roof for our rental property and paid for it in cash! A lot of folks finance an expense like this. I saw it coming and arranged our finances to accommodate paying for it in cash.
- Maintained a life that is free of credit card debt. It is one thing to pay off a credit card. It is something else entirely to keep it paid off!
- Paid off 1 of 2 private student loans. One down and one to go! Hopefully before 2017 is over, I will have paid off the second one as well.